You’ve been trying to conceive for months now, but you’re still waiting for that elusive positive pregnancy test. You thought it would be easy to fall pregnant, you never dreamed it would take this long!
Before you rush to the doctor to ask, “What’s wrong with me, why am I not pregnant yet?”, follow the steps in this article to make sure you are doing your best to optimize your fertility naturally.
Firstly, what’s your menstrual cycle like? Is it a regular 28-days (give or take a few days)? Do you know when you’re ovulating, and do you ovulate every month? If your menstrual cycle is irregular, it’s likely you aren’t ovulating regularly. You have a small window of opportunity to fall pregnant during the 5 days leading up to and the day of ovulation – so finding out when you’re ovulating and timing your intercourse accordingly is vital.
Secondly, are you aware of actions that could be hindering your chances of conception? Stress, caffeine, poor sleep, poor nutrition and smoking are all factors that have negative effects on fertility (for both males and females). The following steps may be helpful:
- Scheduling in regular relaxing activities like yoga or meditation can help reduce your feelings of stress.
- Reduce your caffeine intake by replacing coffee with herbal teas or turmeric lattes. The occasional coffee may not be harmful, but I recommend avoiding even just 1 coffee per day.
- Improve your sleep habits so you are getting 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night.
- Eat fresh & nutritious whole foods and avoid processed & refined foods. Avoid restrictive diets and enjoy eating a balanced & healthy diet.
- Avoid exposure to toxins, including cigarette smoke (even passive smoke).
Equally important is that your partner also follows the above tips, because it takes two to conceive. If the sperm isn’t in optimal health, conception will be difficult. You could be extremely fertile yet if your partner’s sperm isn’t in optimal condition, they may not be able to fertilise your egg successfully.
If you’re trying to conceive, you need to download my free Fertility Cheatsheet. It’s loaded with tips to help you boost your fertility naturally! Download your copy here
You may also like to read: