When we are in alignment within ourselves, we are in a state of coherence, harmony and homeostasis that ricochets out of the center of our being, into our individual energy field and everything that comes across our path.
Everything is energy, and all that we experience – via circumstances, events, and people; is connected to our own energy field driven by our subconscious programming, belief systems and emotional state of being. The highs and the lows, the easy streets and the challenges. All of it is happening ‘for us’ not ‘to us’ to bring awareness to our patterns and behaviors in our journey of self realization.
When we are in alignment within, nothing that happens in our daily experience really rocks us or causes any grief or reaction. We effortlessly handle whatever comes our way with patience, calm, ease and grace knowing all of it serves a purpose.
So what steps can we take to get into internal alignment so we have a better chance to feel balanced in our daily lives?
- Find time every day to connect to yourself and your heart. When we come from a heart centered state of being, we get out of the mind which can get fixated on over analysis, the blame game, or right versus wrong. Simply put one hand in the center of your chest to connect and breathe slowly in and out for at least ten breaths to come into a state of calm within.
- Use your emotional intelligence. Check in to see how you are feeling in your emotions? What is your emotional state right now? Some days we can experience old grief, sadness or trauma bubbling to the surface that we may not have been able to process at the time which can throw us out of our center. Take steps to bring your emotional state into balance first before trying to address anything else. Listening to some calming music, breathing in love and acceptance for yourself, using a healing technique or expressing your feelings in morning pages can be a few ways to bring emotional balance.
- Get into physical alignment. There is a plethora of research out there showing that daily exercise benefits not only our physical state but out mental and emotional states too. Even a quick walk around the block or a ‘seven minute workout’ in the lounge has the ability to create inner harmony and balance with the release of endorphins and serotonin in the body.
- Connect with nature. Nature is an amazing healer and balancer. Whether it’s forest bathing, a walk around the block or appreciating an image of a flower or plant inside, all have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Connecting with nature in an intentional way when we are feeling off-balance can leave us feeling more centered and harmonious afterwards.
- Get out of your own way! Most of us (I got the T-shirt!) are experts at getting in our own way. By controlling, having expectations or fixed ideas about how we want our life to go, it limits the opportunity for anything better (outside of what we can concoct in our mind) to occur and we close ourselves off to opportunities. Be in an open and receptive state of being to allow the support, ideas and potential that is meant for you to occur so your are in alignment with your natural state of flow.