Halloween is creeping up on us and it’s time to get baking!
Thanks to CSR All Natural Chocolate and Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mix, you can make creepy crawly spider cupcakes and wicked witches hats for your little monster!
Free of any nasties, All Natural Buttercream Icing Mixes is the perfect baking ingredient for kids to sink their fangs into
This recipe takes under an hour to prepare and is the perfect sweet to share while trick or treating!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Makes: 12 – 14
125g dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup water
125g butter, diced and softened
1 ¼ cups CSR Caster Sugar
3 extra large eggs
2 cups plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup cocoa
150g butter, diced and softened
125g CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mix
125g CSR Chocolate Buttercream Icing Mix
6 tsp water
Black fondant icing
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Place large cake cases into muffin pans.
- Combine chocolate and water in a saucepan and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Allow to cool.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer, beating until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Gradually fold into the butter mixture until well combined. Add cooled chocolate mixture, beating until smooth. Spoon mixture between cake cases and bake for 30 mins. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream icing, divide butter into 2 mixing bowls then beat each until soft and creamy. Gradually add vanilla icing mix and 3 tsp water until the mix is smooth. Transfer to a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe peaks on each cupcake. Repeat with chocolate buttercream icing mix. Decorate with edible eyes, liquorice strips and fondant icing shaped into witches hats.
You may also like to read: