From the creamy delicious Cauliflower Vegetable Curry to the stacked vegetable lasagne, Lifestyle offers mouth-watering, easy-to-prepare and healthy, vegetarian recipes, and takes readers through the process of using good food to achieve wellness.
Cauliflower Vegetable Curry
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-2 TBS Red curry paste
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 220g cauliflower florets
- 6 Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 155g beans cut into short pieces
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 10 baby corn, cut length ways
- ¼ cup basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1TBS Lime Juice
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- In a large pan, sauté onions, and curry paste for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add coconut milk and water bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower and lime leaves simmer for 7 minutes
- Add beans, capsicum and corn
- Cook until the vegetables are tender
- Add basil, juice. Sprinkle with coriander
Red Curry Paste
- 3 shallots chopped finely
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1-3 red chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small piece galangal. Peeled and sliced/ can use ginger instead
- 2 TBS Chilli powder
- 1 TBS coriander seeds
- 3 TBS tamari
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
Mushroom and Spinach Frittata
- 2 onions sliced
- 500gms mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach washed and patted dry
- 8-10 eggs dependent on size
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups peas (optional)
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in a little water until soft then place in greased oven proof dish (add peas here if you are using them).
- Add baby spinach to onion mixture.
- Add lemon zest and garlic.
- Beat eggs and milk and pour over onion, mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Bake in moderate oven 160- 180ºC for 30 minutes or more (more if not fan forced).
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and leave to melt (optional).
Not Combines/Serves 4-6
- 500g dark pumpkin or sweet potato thinly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 red capsicums, sliced into wide strips
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 2 TBS Tomato paste
- 2 TBS Tamari
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 350g light ricotta
- 200g light mozzarella cheese, grated
- 200g parmesan cheese, grated
- Pasta Sheets
- Place pasta sheets in boiling water for 5 minutes before layering
- Cover the bas of lasagne dish with layer of pumpkin or sweet potato, followed by a layer of eggplant, brushed with 1 TBS of the tamari; then 1 of tomato sprinkled with basil
- Cover this with pasta sheets, edge to edge and spread tomato paste over top
- Top this with ricotta cheese and a little of mozzarella and parmesan, conserving most for the final topping
- Repeat a layer of pumpkin, eggplant with tamari, tomato and capsicum combined, then final layer of pasta.
- Lastly, top the pasta with zucchini and cover with remaining chesses. Cover with foil and bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, reduce heat to 150 degrees and bake for a further 10 minutes until cheese is golden
- Test pasta with a fork to ensure is tender, let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You may also like to read: