Undoubtedly, being a parent is the most honourable, righteous and wonderful role known to women or man. One that is filled with selfless sacrifices yet an undeniable, unconditional love that no words could ever describe.
For that reason, it’s understandable that a parent puts the health and wellbeing of their newborn before anyone or anything else, especially their own.
In order to give our children the life they deserve and a positive future, we must first be the best version of ourselves at all stages throughout our parenthood, in mind, body and spirit. The first and most common of these that we neglect is our mental health, which is what we are here to address today with our very special guest.
We’re honoured and thrilled to welcome Dr Harvey Karp, America’s No.1 Paediatrician and one of the world’s most trusted and renowned baby and sleep experts.
For the last 25 years Dr. Karp practiced paediatrics in Los Angeles for the likes of Madonna and Pierce Brosnan. He is on the faculty of the USC School of Medicine and a fellow of the American Academy of Paediatrics.
Dr Karp is the founder and CEO of Happiest Baby, an award winning smart-tech and parenting solutions company, author of several celebrated books including the Happiest Baby on the Block, and creator of the 5S’s.
Dr Karp is also the inventor of the SNOO baby bassinet that A-listers like Beyoncé, and Jay-Z, Natalie Portman, Dwayne Johnson – The Rock, Khloe Kardashian, Kate Hudson, Mila Kunis, Jessica Biel and Serena Williams have all used to help their newborn babies get a more restful sleep.
Dr. Karp has devoted his life to helping families raise healthy and happy children, we’re thrilled to ask him the following questions:
- As one of the world’s most renowned baby and sleep experts, and of all your achievements to date, what are you most proud achieving?
- What can you share with us from your 25+ years of research about the importance of quality sleep for babies and parents alike?
- What is the calming reflex in babies?
- How can we learn to trigger the calming reflex with your 5S’s method? Why are they so important?
- How does your 5S’ method relate to parents getting more sleep?
- Through your research, what have you found about the causes of sleep deprivation and the importance of parents maintaining a healthy sleep routine?
- Why is it so important to look after your mental health as a new mum or parent?
- Why is it so important for new parents to ask for help when they need it?
- What are the causes of perinatal depression or anxiety?
- What are some tips to look after your own mental health as a new mum or parent?
For Dr Harvey’s full article, please go to: https://kiddipedia.com.au/5-tips-to-look-after-your-own-mental-health-as-a-new-mum-or-parent/
For further details: