It’s that time of year again. Father’s Day has crept up and with it comes the age-old question of what to get dad. If you’re stuck and are looking to treat him to a different experience, a fun family outdoor activity could be your answer!
To help with your outdoor adventure planning, Holden this week released new research looking at Aussie dads and their favourite outdoor activities. The research revealed that since having kids, 42% of Aussie dads now enjoy new and different outdoor activities with their kids. In addition, it also found that the number one outdoor activity enjoyed by Aussie dads is fishing and camping (36%), followed by household projects such as renovating and gardening (21%).
Holden says of the research: “With our local engineers tuning for local conditions, we pride ourselves on knowing Aussie roads and Aussie families better than anyone else. Our vehicles can take dads anywhere and on any adventure they have in mind.”
In celebration of this, we’ve pulled together a list of the best outdoor family activities to enjoy with dad this Father’s Day.
- Camping – If you have a car with towing capacity such as the Holden Colorado, hitch the caravan and escape for the weekend on a family camping trip.
- Fishing – Pack the rod and put your fishing skills to the test – who knows, you may even be lucky enough to catch some dinner.
- Beach drive – Just because it’s not summer, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the beach! If you have a 4×4, now’s your chance to experience the beach differently.
- Bike trail – Explore the beaten track with a mountain bike trail ride. The Holden Colorado has the off-road ability to get you and your family to your trail and back safely.
- Bushwalking – Get off the grid and amongst the fresh air with a scenic family bushwalk.
You may also like to read: