When you discover the exciting news that you’re expecting a baby, naturally you’re eager to provide your child with the best possible start to life.
With endless amount of gadgets, & the continued introduction of new technologies, there’s no shortage of innovative items to be excited about filling your nursery with.
However, Australia is officially in a recession as COVID has triggered the biggest economic plunge on record.
So, let’s be realistic about this.
Human beings have successfully procreated & parented their newborns for thousands of years without the need for the newest & best version of everything available in the market.
So… how can we establish what items are deemed as essential on our purchase list & what items can we can do without?
To help ascertain what they are we speak with Karen Faulkner.
Karen is a Registered Midwife of 30 years, Child & Family Health Nurse, Baby Sleep Consultant of 20 years & hold a degree in Psychology among a long list of other qualifications
We ask Karen questions including:
- What are the essential items parents need to build a nursery?
- What has been the biggest change in setting up the baby’s nursery in the past 30 years?
- Why are we gadget-obsessed when it comes to our babies & their nursery?
- How would a parent know if their cot is SIDS (Red Nose) safe?
- What are the 3 most important factors to help promote sleep for the baby’s room?
- Is it possible to use a cot from birth, if so how?
- What is dock-a-tot snuggle pod and how can they help the transition / the 12-week period immediately after you have had your baby?
- Why is it important to invest in a good feeding chair?
For Karen’s full article, please go to: https://kiddipedia.com.au/setting-up-a-nursery-on-a-budget/
For further information go to: https://nurtureparenting.com.au/