We all know what Mum really wants for Mother’s Day is a morning off! So why not start the day off right with one of the delicious and nutritious recipes from the pages of lifestyle and recipe book, Lifestyle – Hopewood’s recipe for wellbeing? We guarantee Mum will be delighted to wake up with the smell of these Buckwheat Pancakes and Apple Cinnamon Butter (after letting her sleep in, of course).
To celebrate Mother’s Day and all the wonderful mother-figures in our lives, Hopewood is offering a FREE, surprise gift with every book purchase of Lifestyle – Hopewood’s recipe for wellbeing, which is at a special discounted rate at $39.95.
For more information visit www.hopewoodlifestyle.com.au
Apple Cinnamon Butter
- 4 cups dried apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place apples in a saucepan, cover with water and soak until slightly plump.
- Add cinnamon, bring to boil and simmer until apples are cooked.
- Cool and puree in a food processor.
- Serve warm or cold with cereal, porridge or on toast.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to two (2) weeks.
- ½ cup self raising wholemeal flour
- ½ cup buckwheat (or additional wholemeal flour)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 egg
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Sift flours into a bowl and blend in milk and egg yolk.
- Beat egg white until stiff and gently fold into buckwheat mixture (add a little more milk, if necessary to make a smooth consistency).
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a hot, non-stick pan until bubbly.
- Turn over and cook the other side.
- Serve with cinnamon apple butter, fresh berries, homemade natural yoghurt or mixed berry sauce.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like to read: