Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Almond Flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 6 egg whites
- 180g butter, melted
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- Use lemon rind in place of orange if preferred
- Pre-heat oven to 180℃ (160℃ fan-forced). Lightly grease with butter 12 x ⅓ cup capacity friand moulds.
- Combine icing sugar, flours and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Mix in the melted butter and orange rind. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture between prepared moulds and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Friands will keep for several days, preferably in the refrigerator. Warm through gently in a microwave after a couple of days if preferred.