Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Makes: Approx. 24
- 125g butter, diced and softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups McKenzie’s Cake Flour
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- Raspberry Jam
- Use your favourite flavoured jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180℃ (160℃ fan-forced). Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Remove from the mixer and bring dough together with your hands.
- Roll tablespoon measures of dough into balls and flatten slightly when placed on trays. Press into the middle of each biscuit with a floured fingertip to form an indentation. Spoon a little raspberry jam into each and bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.