If you’re expecting or have just arrived home with a newborn congratulations! This undoubtedly will be one of the most exciting & incredible experiences in your life.
During the newborn phase, the first 12 weeks of your baby’s life can be overwhelming – physically, emotionally, & mentally.
To help provide a gentle road map for the newborn weeks, with helpful, practical expert tips how you can set up healthy sleep habits we speak with baby sleep expert Emma O’Callaghan.
Emma is a mother of 3 & has a background as a Midwife & IVF Reproductive Nurse Specialist compliments her Certification as an Infant & Child Sleep Consultant.
Emma has over 20 years working within both a hospital & community setting & extensive experience in working with infants & children in their formative years.
We ask Emma questions including:
- What are some of the more common challenges parents face during the initial 12 weeks?
- How can parents help adjust their newborn to the outside world?
- What is maternal melatonin? How long does the really sleepy state last for?
- At what point do babies develop their circadian rhythm?
- How can we help babies distinguish between day & night?
- How long should parents keep their babies awake for?
- How often should you wake your baby for a feed?
- How can you encourage the longer stretches of sleep to occur overnight?
- Should you wake your baby during the night to feed?
- Any tips for swaddling & noise?
- What developments should we start to see by now?
- How can we help our babies with their own melatonin production?
For Emma’s full article, please go to: https://kiddipedia.com.au/newborns-&-sleep-the-roadmap/
For further information, visit: