A recipe from Jess Sepel and Califia Farms
Warm gooey chocolate mocha brownies. These are a delicious healthy sweet treat alternative this Easter. They are full of healthy fats and protein to keep you feeling satisfied. They are also low in natural sugar and free from both dairy and gluten. So easy to make. Enjoy a brownie with some Creamy Greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.
Makes: 8-10 slices
1/4 cup coconut flour
½ cup Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
2 eggs, whisked (or egg replacement)
1/2 cup hulled tahini or almond butter
1/4 cup maple or rice malt syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 cup dark chocolate (70-85%), chopped
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl then add coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and raw cacao powder and stir to combine.
- Add in the tahini, maple or rice malt syrup, Califia Farms Mocha XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee Milk and chia seeds and mix until just combined. Stir through the chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a lined baking tin.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Remove from oven, allow them to cool slightly and then and cut into brownie squares.
- Serve Warm.
Jessica Sepel (BHlth, Adv Dip Nutritional Medicine) is a clinical nutritionist, best-selling author and the beloved voice behind JSHealth and @jshealth. Her philosophy is focused around balance, rest and building a healthy relationship with food. Jess is a longstanding advocate of Califia Farms and uses their product range in many of her recipes.
You may also like to read: