With Spring fast approaching, now is the perfect time to get ready to clean and refresh the home. Our cupboards are often overflowing with different cleaning products that we rarely use, but did you know that you can clean your entire house with just one, simple product?
Bi-carb soda is a kitchen staple that can help you achieve a clean and odour-free home in no time, and McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda is a much-loved Australian brand.
Not only is McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda affordable, it is also a non-toxic alternative to many household cleaning products that contain nasties. Another bonus is it has multiple cleaning uses, so you can ditch those other products and reclaim your cupboard space!
Here are some of the most common ways to use McKenzie’s Bi-Carb:
To make a paste: Combine 3 tablespoons of McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda with 1 tablespoon water. Adjust for your desired consistency.
To make a solution: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda in 1 litre of warm water.
For wiping: Apply McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda directly onto a damp sponge or cloth.
Below are some tips and tricks for using McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda this Spring.
- Cleaning the microwave – place a bowl filled with water and a tablespoon of Bi-Carb in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Then wipe down the microwave!
- Carpet deodoriser – to eliminate food and pet odours, simply sprinkle a handful of Bi-Carb onto the carpet. Leave for a few minutes and then vacuum.
- Marks on the walls – clean and remove marks from walls by applying Bi-Carb to a damp sponge and rub the surface lightly. Wipe off with a clean and dry cloth.
- Clean wet mattresses – soak up moisture with a towel, then sprinkle the mattress with Bi-Carb. If possible, let the mattress dry in the sun. Vacuum away the dry Bi-Carb. Repeat the process several times.
- Deodorise Refrigerator – place a small open container of Bi-Carb in your fridge to eliminate unwanted food odours. Replace monthly.
- Natural Scouring Powder – combine equal parts Bi-Carb and salt to make a tough scouring powder which can be used to scour sinks and chopping boards.
- Clean Bath Tub – sprinkle Bi-Carb on a clean, damp sponge and scrub as usual. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.
- Remove Scuff Marks – remove unsightly scuff marks in high traffic areas by using Bi-Carb on a clean damp sponge, then rinse.
- Clean Stained Cups/Mugs – restore life to stained tea and coffee cups by applying Bi-Carb to a damp cloth and rubbing on the stain.
- Non-Toxic Oven Cleaner – Use Bi-Carb paste and scrub oven with a clean cloth. Rinse well. When cleaning electric ovens be careful not to get any on the element as this may cause it to corrode.
You may also like to read: