This crispy sweet potato is next level delish. We think it’s the perfect healthy side dish to serve at your next lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hr & 15 mins
STUFF YOU NEED
- 5 kg (3.3 lb.) sweet potato peeled
- 50 g (1.7 oz.) butter melted (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways, so they have a flat side.
- Then cut them super dooper thin so they look like semi-circles. You can use a mandolin if you have one.
- Place the cut up sweet potato into a large bowl, add the melted butter, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until the sweet potato is coated in butter.
- Grab a large baking dish, place the sweet potato pieces flat side down and upright into the dish. Make them overlap and look cool. It’s food art!
- Place into the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so you don’t burn anything.
- Serve right away. They’ll be a mix of crispy delish and soft buttery delish.
- Halfway through top with grated cheese for extra delish factor. Drooooool!
Emma and Carla Papas are founders of The Merrymaker Sisters. Health coaches, yoga and pilates teachers. They quit their full-time government desk jobs in July 2014 to pursue their passion of bringing health and happiness to the lives of others.
Since then they’ve created the #1 mobile recipe App Get Merry, published the healthy cookbooks Make It Merry and Get Merry, host the #GetMerry podcast as well as created MerryBody: online yoga, pilates and mindset studio.
Every month they help over 200 000 women through their products, services and programs with their overall vision to see a world where women finally accept, love and respect their bodies just as they are.
You may also like to read: