Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup McKenzie’s French Style Lentils
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (i.e. almonds & walnuts)
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3/4 cup McKenzie’s Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs water
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Fine Desiccated Coconut
- Prepare and cook lentils according to pack directions, until well cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the nuts into the food processor and blend until coarse. Add dates and shredded coconut and blend. Remove from the food processor.
- Place cooled lentils in food processor. Add peanut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, water and cacao. Puree to a smooth paste.
- Add nut mixture back into food processor with all remaining ingredients except the desiccated coconut, and blend until combined. Mixture should combine to form balls easily.
- Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut. Coat balls in desiccated coconut whilst still sticky. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.