Have you ever thought to yourself how extraordinary a woman’s body is that it can conceive, grow, birth & feed another human being?
When you think about it, it’s nothing short of miraculous how nature works.
In saying this, as women we need to appreciate how phenomenal our bodies are & simply be proud of the changes it has to go through to create life.
It’s not time for us to be judging our aesthetics & comparing our postpartum body to the way it used to look.
So, the question is, why do we put so much pressure on ourselves? I think a lot of this has do to do with what society thinks. So the only way to change this is is to … well change with how we think.
To help talk to us about how we can learn to love our postpartum bodies we speak with Kat Suchet: a physiotherapist & owner of Hatch Athletic, a postpartum online training program for athletic mums.
We ask Kat questions including:
- Why is it important for women to accept that our body will never go back to the way it was?
- Postpartum changes to a women’s body can be confronting for many, in particular this can be challenging for women who are athletic, can you expand on this & tell us why this is the case?
- What can we do to strengthen our self-love & compassion?
- Why is it important to use affirmations for us to view our postpartum body? How can we use affirmations to do this?
- What happens if a women can’t look at her body objectively without having an opinion about it, what should they do?
- Why is it important for Mums to celebrate what their body has gone through?
- Receiving the correct rehab is not just for athletic mums, but all mums. Can you share with us some of the more common rehab postpartum mums go through?
For Kat’s full article: https://kiddipedia.com.au/learning-to-love-your-new-postpartum-body/
For further information: