Now that we’re ascending out of lockdown and possibly starting to look at life with a fresh or renewed perspective, have you thought to yourself, I’m not sure I want to go back to the hectic, busy and stressful life I was living before we entered into the stay-at-home era?
I mean, why were we ever pushing ourselves to the extreme before anyway? Think about it, we live in first world country, we have a roof over our heads, enough food, clothing, warmth all the things we need to survive, and then some. Millions of people around the world would do anything to have these luxuries.
So when is enough enough? At what cost are we willing to sacrifice our physical, mental and spiritual health moving forward?
To talk with us about this today we welcome back Krissy Regan. Krissy is founder of Mindful Mums Queensland and author of the new book Broken to Unbreakable, 12 Steps to and Unbreakable Mind, Body and Spirit.
We ask Krissy questions including:
- If the COVID-19 era has taught us anything its the beauty and serenity in slowing down. Something that many of us had to be forced to do to experience what it is like to live in a peaceful calm state. What is the difference between Doing and Being?
- What to do when we realise we’ve taken on too much?
- Why do you think we allowed life to get so busy? Was it just a by-product of the rising cost of living, or always wanting more or allowing consumerism to get the best of us? or something else?
- How can we overcome this? We all have bills to pay?
- By living life in such a frantic pace, what do you think we are miss seeing in the big picture of life?
- How do you think the COVID-19 era could change life for the better?
- In you article ‘Am I Doing Enough ‘ you mention the real cost of ‘doing’ all the time, means we spend less time ‘being’, and it’s when we are in ‘being’ mode as opposed to ‘doing’ mode that we repair, create, connect and feel the most love. Can you please What do you mean by this?
- Can you explain to us what the Price-Cost Iceberg Model is and how it’s relevant to our lives?
- Do you have any simple tips we can apply to shift our mindset?
- How did you apply that model help your personal health and wellbeing?
- What are your recommendations on Things to consider when signing our kids up for activities?
For Krissy’s full article go to: https://kiddipedia.com.au/am-i-doing-enough/