They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so get your family off to a great start with this hearty All-In-One Breakfast Bake. Beans, mushrooms, eggs and bacon – what more could you ask for?
You can order your Heinz Baked Beanz from the new Heinz to Home online store and they’ll be delivered straight to your door. Two bundles of your favourite Heinz products are now available for delivery meaning you can stay home and stay safe. With the Essentials Bundle you can make eight meals, including this delicious breakfast bake.
Heinz is offering free delivery to the first 400 bundles ordered to suburbs in Stage 3 or Stage 4 lockdown, automatically applied at checkout if you live, or send to someone in a qualifying suburb.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 6–8 frozen hash browns
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon or 100g chorizo sausage
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 420g of Heinz Baked Beanz
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan assisted). Lay the frozen hash brownsin a single layer in the base of a 20 cm square baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the hash browns are cooking, prepare the filling. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon or chorizo and sauté until the onion is soft and meat is cooked. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for a further minute. Add the Heinz Baked Beanz and stir while heating.
- Spoon the hot bean mixture over the cooked hash browns. Make 4 indentations in the beans and break in the eggs. Scatter over the grated cheese. Cover dish lightly with foil, making sure it doesn’t touch the eggs. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for a further 10–15 minutes or until the eggs are set to your liking. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
You may also like to read: