Christmas gifts are exceptional when you want to show your family and friends affection. A homemade gift is a better option as it shows the thought, time, and energy you put into the present. Finding a personalized gift online or from retailers can be quite a challenge. There are many important people in our lives to show our love and appreciation. Our parents, best friends, kids, grandparents, coworkers, and significant others mention a few. This is a long list when it comes to creating personalized presents.
There are many ideas to help you make the best gifts for your loved one. You might doubt your crafting skills, but some of these ideas can be pulled off under less than one hour. Most of the things that are used in making the gifts can be found at home. The following gifts are enjoyable to make, and they are guaranteed to bring happiness to your recipient:
1. Christmas Cut Out Candle
If you want to go big, then you must consider scented candles as the first option. They give the perfect holiday feeling without overspending. Here is what you need for your DIY candles:
- Candle Wicks
- Small Wooden Sticks
- Pot for melting wax
- Wax chips
- Weck Jars
- Lavender scented candle oil
- Melt the wax in the pot on medium heat. Be careful of the temperature.
- Add a few drops of lavender-scented candle oil and divide the wax into two bowls
- Place the wick in the candle jar.
- Put the jar inside the refrigerator to solidify.
2. Chunky Knit Blanket
A cozy blanket is not only easy to make but can be obtained even online. The key to making an exceptional chunky blanket is to buy a very bulky yarn. Many online videos can teach you how to sow.
3. BBQ Kit
Your husband is probably complaining that he can’t find his steak brush for the third time in the house. Well, do not hesitate to make his cooking much easier by gifting him a kit to solve all his barbecue problems. You can add ketchup, barbecue rub, and grilling tools in the console. You can easily get a box to fit in the items not to misplace them in the future. It’s a perfect gift for dads and all-male counterparts in the family.
4. Bubble Bath Gift Set
Nothing says Christmas than a personalized set of scented soap. You have the freedom to include anything that involves showering in this set. All you need for your bubble bath gift set is:
- A set of mini candles
- Demi bottles of rose
- Lavender bath salts
- A box
5. Recipe Box
To avoid the basic cookbook Christmas present, opt for this stylish recipe box.
- Wooden Recipe Box
- Craft Knife
- Place the wallpaper evenly on the wooden box. Use the ruler to draw out the outline for proper measurements.
- Using the craft knife, remove the excess paper. Use the stickers to adhere to the paper or the glue.
6. Christmas Tea Tree
You have probably gifted your grandmother with everything you could ever think of, and now you do not have any more ideas. A Christmas tea tree is an exceptional present to give your grandparents, parents, or coworkers. If they are tea lovers, they will appreciate the whole concept of the gift.
How to make a tea tree
There are many different flavors of tea available to use in this creative endeavor. You can choose to mix different bags for aesthetics or select the ones that the recipient likes. You will need the following items:
- Glue gun
- Small paper or toilet roll
- A stone to weigh down the structure
- Individually wrapped tea bags
Here is how to make:
- Place each bag from the base of the cone going up. Place a thin line of glue using the gun to outline the placement. Hold the teabag in place until its completely stuck.
- As you glue the next round of tea bags, make sure that you adjust slightly so that they overlap. Make sure that you apply the teabags at the base as you move up.
- For stability, add the small stone at the bottom half of the toilet roll. Add a wooden star at the top of the cone.
7. Cosmetics Bag
Nothing will spell out love louder to your sister or friend like a cosmetics bag. Every other girl usually has a problem locating their eyeliner or lipstick. Gifting them, a cosmetic bag is thoughtful and shows that you pay attention to detail and resonate with their daily struggles.
8. Homemade Jams
A quartet of home-cooked spreads can easily lift the family spirit in this holiday season. There are several recipes online to make your famous jam. Here is a basic recipe to guide yo0u to perfection:
Peach and Honey Jam
- 2 cups of water
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice
- Three sliced peaches
- Half a spoon of honey
- Put all the peaches in a blender or a processor and pulse it until chopped.
- Combine peaches, water, and lemon juice in a pan, then stir. Heat the mixture to boil as you stir frequently. Add the sugar and honey, then boil the mixture again for about one minute, then remove.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar then let it cool at room temperature. Put the jar into a refrigerator and let it settle for a month.
The best gifts come from the heart, whether bought or homemade. The list above will guide you in creating the perfect present for your loved ones during this bountiful season. Do not hesitate to involve the kids if you are making a gift for your significant other. It is a great way to bond with your family members.
Thanks to Anna Sherchand