The International Rose Garden Festival Morwell takes place over the weekend of the 16-17 November and this year will showcase over 4000 roses in bloom. Visitors to the festival can expect a star-studded line-up with gardening talks from ABC’s Gardening Australia host Costa Georgiadis and a live performance from children’s favourite, dirtgirl.
The International Rose Garden Festival Morwell spans two days and offers something for all visitors including:
- A walking tour around 400 rose varieties in amongst the 4,000 in bloom!
- Live music from The Nigellas, Mel Pollard, Sweetlip and the concert and brass bands from Latrobe City.
- Art creations from local street artist, Steve Bechaz and a display of sculptures from local artists including Nicole Allen
- Local artisan produce and wine from within region
- dirtgirl performs the Grubby Bucket Show live!
- An evening light show – A midsummer night’s lights will feature a creative light installation from the talented Tim Newman
- Glamping options for the weekend traveller include staying at ABC Gardening Australia’s award-winning garden ‘Serendipity’ only 10 minutes from the Festival
Green thumbs can enjoy a Q&A from ABC Gardening Australia’s Costa Georgiadis who will be on hand to answer all gardening questions as well as educate visitors on the importance of bees in the ecosystem. Rose enthusiasts can enjoy talks from Helen Lovel from Neutrog who will offer advice on how to feed roses throughout the year, and President of the Rose Society of Victoria, Sandra Turner, will be conducting a rose pruning demonstration.
Link to website: https://irgfm.com.au/